Python 152 & Tkinter install problems...

Curtis Yanko cmyanko at bigfoot.com
Wed May 26 07:41:28 EDT 1999

In article <374AEA7B.21C24505 at aw.sgi.com>,
  Gary Herron <gherron at aw.sgi.com> wrote:
> I just hit this same problem minutes ago.  Fortunately the fix is
easy,
> if a little heavy handed.
>
> In directory:
>   C:\Program Files\Tcl\tk8.0
> find two files:
>   listbox.tcl, and
>   text.tcl
> and comment out the lines having to do with binding <MouseWheel>.  In
> both files those lines look like this:
>
>   bind ... <MouseWheel> {
>     %W yview ...
>   }
>
> Now ... Does anyone know enough tcl to do this correctly? (For
example,
> check for the validity of the <MouseWheel> event and do this binding
> conditionally.)
>
> --
> Dr. Gary Herron <gherron at aw.sgi.com>
> 206-287-5616
> Alias | Wavefront
> 1218 3rd Ave, Suite 800, Seattle WA 98101

No! Don't do it. :-)

I had the same problem and spent two days trying to resolve it. did you
ever load TCL before? Maybe vTCL? At any rate, in my case the Python
FAQ paid off with a little tip that said to look for 'old copies' of
the dll's. In my case I found some old tcl dll's (tcl80.dll and
tk80.dll) in my \windows\system folder. Once I deleted those I was
golden.

-Curtis Yanko