problem running Python script from procmail

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Thu May 27 23:56:39 EDT 1999

On 26 May 1999 15:32:46 -0500, Preston Landers <planders at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>However, it still does not want to run when called from procmail.
>Procmail's log spits out the same message:
>
>  File "/home/p/pagecast/submitengine/submitengine.py", line 54, in ?
>    from threading import *
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/threading.py", line 6, in ?
>    import thread
>  ImportError: No module named thread
>
>I'm wondering what could be the problem.  Like I said it works fine
>from the command line.  The system is running procmail 3.10 (slightly
>old version) and Python 1.5.1.

Pay attention to the environment variables and their setting
when programs are called by procmail. They will be quite different
from what you have normally.

(Save the output of an environment variable dump in a variable
from within procmail and compare it to what you have from the
regular prompt.)

	Bernhard