How to port Python to VxWorks

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon May 31 07:11:14 EDT 1999

Stefan Franke <spamfranke at bigfoot.de> wrote:
> >For various reasons (the work was done for a client) I can't make the
> >code available. Still, I thought some general comments on this process
> >might be useful.
>
> Hmm. So your client profits from the work of the Python community,
> and refuses to contribute anything?

I find this comment rude and completely uncalled for.

python is free for anyone to use, as long as they don't
violate the python license:

    http://www.python.org/doc/Copyright.html

by providing detailed descriptions of the porting pro-
cess, paul and his customer have contributed far more
than was required by them.  in addition, if this pro-
duct is successful, their work will also prove to other
wxWorks and RTOS users that Python is a viable choice
for scripting on non-standard platforms.

in other words, their efforts should be applauded,
not questioned.

</F>