Universal Wrapper (was: Python T-Shirt <joke>)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Tue May 11 17:32:12 EDT 1999

Stefan Franke wrote:

> Has anyone ever tried to write a class UninversalWrapper, which wraps another
> object of *any* type and tries to emulate its behaviour?
> I see no actual use for this, however, apart from satisfying a vague feeling of
> clearing the language's boundaries.

These thingies do have some use... to hide data from other objects
(or individuals). Have a look at:

	http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxProxy.html

Hmm, sure how to subclass an InstanceProxy in XXL though ;-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                            Y2000: 234 days left