The Very High Layer and friends

Thomas S. Strinnhed thstr at serop.abb.se
Wed May 5 09:26:49 EDT 1999

Hi

I'm working on Windows NT, MS Developer Studio and are trying to embed
the Python interprter in an application.

Now I have some question about the Python/C API.
In the Python/C API Reference Manual chapter 2 mentions The Very High
Layer, very brief.
Does anyone know where to get more information about the methods in this
chapter??

(I have all the downloadable manuals; Embedding..., Library Reference,
Tutorial, Python/C API Reference, Python Reference.)

I'm very keen on finding out about the PyRun_AnyFile(),
PyRun_SimpleFile() and PyRun_File(), how they work and differ.

Of course I want to know more about the other methods as well.

I know this is not the "source.wanted" but maybe someone has pointers to
some (simple) examples of Python embedded i C?

Thanks
	-- Thomas S. Strinnhed, thstr at serop.abb.se

(In case you haven't noticed I'm new to Python, but eager to learn and
start working with it. I'm most grateful for all the help and support I
can get. By the way, are there any prepared presentations of Python,
like slides, pros/cons-lists etc, to help in introducing it to collegues
and employers??)