Announcing bytecodehacks 0.10

Michael Scharf Michael.Scharf at kosmos.rhein-neckar.de
Wed May 12 20:00:48 EDT 1999

Michael Hudson wrote:

> If you've been following the "Python is too slow" thread of late, you
> might have noticed my sneaky bytecode rewriting functions.

But all this does *not* work for JPython I think.

> bytecodehacks.xapply - a sort-of lazy apply
> bytecodehacks.setq - this one should interest people!

Although I use python since five or six years extensively, I have
to admit, that I did not miss any of those functions.
Maybe I should have learned Lisp before I started with python ;^)

The most interesting functionality (for me), is hidden in
bytecodehacks.closure:

  bind
  bind_locals
  bind_now

With those methods (it seems), I can speedup my functions.
>From the documentation it's not clear to me, which one to use.
What should I do, if I just want to "burn" the globals and
built-ins into my function?

Looks like great work.

Michael
--