solved: win32com function<->propterty problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Mon May 3 05:30:13 EDT 1999

On Mon, 3 May 1999 09:02:57 +1000, Mark Hammond <MHammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
>Bernhard Reiter wrote in message ...
>
>>(Oh Mark, it just comes into my mind: What if SetValueAt already
>>existed as OLE method? Will makepy then choose a different name?)
>
>Its not too smart.  It checks that an existing function of the same name
>exists, and if so, appends a "Set" - hence you got "SetValueAt".

Well you got another idem on the DOTO list then. ;-)
Check for name clashes. Shouldn't be too hard.

Just schedule all items which should get new names in a
list and create the new names at the end of the makepy run.
Then resolve the furhter clashes...

>So the name you got was caused by a name clash, but if there was already a
>SetValueAt, it would not detect that.

would be nice, if makepy spits some messages about that
names, while running.

Thanks again.
	Bernhard