PIDDLE bug?

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat May 8 14:36:13 EDT 1999

[Frank.Derville]
> I have download piddlePIL for evaluation and I have run the
> piddlePIL.test()
> (I am using python 1.5.1 and PIL 1.0b1)
>
> I have two problems running it :
> 1) In piddle.py there is an error raised in canvas.drawFigure :
> the function extend is called on a list.

Do you mean "extend(list)" or "list.extend(x)"?

> I have never heard of such function and have not even seen it
> in the python 1.5.2 doc.

I don't know anything about piddlePIL, but lists have a new "extend" method
in 1.5.2.  See "2.1.5.2 Mutable Sequence Types" in the 1.5.2 library manual.

s.extend(x) same as s[len(s):len(s)] = x

>>> s.extend(['a', 'b', 'c'])
>>> s

time-for-an-upgrade-ly y'rs  - tim