Guido wins 1999 Dr. Dobbs Excellence in Programming Award

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Wed May 5 21:40:08 EDT 1999

On Thu, 06 May 1999 00:53:24 +0200, Christian Langreiter wrote:
>I simply LOVE python, it has brought back to me the fun in programming -
>and it's highly practical, too. Thank you, all Python hackers, and first,
>Guido!

Yes, Python hackers are our main advantage.  And Guido van Rossum.

Python hackers and Guido van Rossum are our main advantage.   No -- also
our almost fanatical devotion.

Okay, Python hackers, Guido, and fanatical devotion -- oh, and our cool
whitespace T-shirts.

Gee, I just posted to thank Guido.  I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

(Congrats, Guido.  Many more in the future!)

just-found-the-24/7-monty-python-MP3-channel-ly yr's
--
-William "Billy" Tanksley