E-mail problems over the weekend at CNRI

Guido van Rossum guido at CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Mon May 17 23:27:35 EDT 1999

The problem mentioned below might have affected mail sent to me or to
various other Pythoneers with a CNRI or python.org address.

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Mon, 17 May 1999 10:57:29 -0400
From:    Stanley Weilnau <sweilnau at cnri.reston.va.us>
To:      cnri-staff at cnri.reston.va.us
Subject: E-mail problems over the weekend (fwd)

There was an email problem over the weekend.  Mail being sent to users on
newcnri was getting rejected.  The cause of this was that a change made on
our primary mail server to correct a different problem caused a "mail
loop".  Some mail sent to CNRI over the weekend has been lost.  The
situation has been corrected.  We apologize for any inconvienence this
may have caused and will take steps to try and ensure more care in
future configuration changes.

Stan

------- End of Forwarded Message