SCM...

Curtis Yanko cmyanko at bigfoot.com
Fri May 21 08:48:43 EDT 1999

In article <7i1t68$hr2$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  cmedcoff at my-dejanews.com wrote:

> >  Anybody using Python as an automated build scripting tool?
>
> I also have this idea as my first decently sized Python project.  I am
> just getting started on it; mostly just thinking so far.  I've got
> another guy here who is intersted in building such a script.  We
> targeting both VSS and StarTeam.  We're hoping to isolate support for
> specific SCM packages, compilers, etc. so that most of the code can be
> reused regardless.
>
> I've one script which does a 'get' supporting StarTeam, but it's my
> first script and it's a hack.  Perhaps we can collaberate?  Drop me a
> note and we'll dicuss it further.
>
> Chuck

We meet again! Your email addy that is listed here is your Deja-News
one so drop me a line at yankoc at gspinc.com if you want to get some
dialog going on this. I've started a crude class that wraps the VSS
command line. My problem with it so far has been with the use of pipes
in Python. Apparently this is a real problem, especially on the Windows
platform. Still, I don't think it'll be a show stopper.

--
-Curtis Yanko