Variable 'superclass'es?

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat May 8 01:05:52 EDT 1999

[Tim]
> There are only two people in the world who can write a robust Python
> metaclass, and they're both certifiably insane.

[Gary Stephenson]
> Let me guess.  Guido, of course, and uuhhmmm....  Tim??

This is a delicate question!  Certainly not Tim, and probably not Guido --
not anymore.  If you don't write three of these every day, the break from
having your foot shot off thirty times a day breaks the concentration needed
to avoid certain metadeath.  Donald Beaudry died so often he transcended
this cycle of woe, and The Prophet assures us there is Another.  Perhaps as
yet unborn, but that's not enough to save them from being certifiably
insane -- not in a world dripping in Pythonic time travel.

> can-certifiable-insanity-be-subject-to-reflection-ly yours
> gary

introspection-is-insanity---at-least-for-a-bot-ly y'rs  - tim