Circular references (was: Defining VCL-like framework for Py

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Fri May 28 12:29:39 EDT 1999

"Yoo C. Chung" wrote:

> Depending on the implementation, garbage collection can always occur
> at exactly certain fixed points for single threaded apps.  (This
> sometimes eases the implementation of a garbage collector, since I can
> set conditional breakpoints to see just which part is allocating a
> piece of misbehaving memory.)

I'm not so sure about that.  A process's memory allocation behavior will
depend upon the memory usage of other processes on the same machine.
The availability of memory from the system will impact when a garbage
collector is called.

--
Skip Montanaro	| Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music"
http://www.mojam.com/