Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Robert Thomas Kern kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Mon May 3 15:30:23 EDT 1999

[posted and e-mailed to Timothy Docker]

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:45:41 -0400, "Darrell" <news at dorb.com> wrote:

>I was just trouble shooting a problem like this. I was using python.exe and
>a xxx.pyd. The xxx.pyd had debug turned on and should have been named
>xxx_d.pyd. When I ran with python_d.exe the "no current thread" error
>cleared up.
>
>If your lucky the Windows and Unix ports have this in common.

Close enough.  This error occurs when an extension module uses a
python library (libpython1.5.a, python15.lib, python15_d.lib, and so
on) that is not the one that the interpreter uses.  To eliminate it,
scan your directories for old libraries and remove them.  Then link
against The-One-True-Library that the interpreter links against.  You
can also try a clean install.

>--Darrell
>

>Timothy Docker <timd at macquarie.com.au> wrote in message
>news:m4izp3rc21l.fsf at macquarie.com.au...
>>

>> I've seen questions related to this error in dejanews, but no
>> definitive answer. It seems that this error can indicate a variety of
>> misconfigurations. Here's my situation:

[snip]