How to add a key:datum pair to the dictionary

MK mark_removethis_ at _removethis_btweng.krakow.pl
Sun May 16 14:41:28 EDT 1999

Hello everyone,

I have stumbled across a stupid problem: how to add a pair to
dictionary like

{'mk': {'repetitions': 20, 'no match': 10}}

I have not found the method for this anywhere in documentation.
Dictionary is mutable, but neither Library Reference nor Language
Reference give information on how to _add_ something to dictionary.
It seems strange -- I mean, is creating dictionary and then changing
items in it the only possible method of changing dictionary? Can it be
enlarged?

MK

Reality is something that does not disappear after
you cease believing in it - VALIS, Philip K. Dick