OT docs was: Re: pygtk documentation?

Fred L. Drake fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed May 26 11:57:06 EDT 1999

Friedrich Dominicus writes:
 > What does this have to do if the stuff is Open Source or not?  I think
 > everbody knows that GTK is a fast moving target but why is it not open

  The guys doing the Gtk+ Reference Documentation Project have not
said what the license on submitted material will be, but they're
asking for contributions.  I think most people wanting to contribute
without getting paid will want to know that their contributions will
be available for everyone.  Without the license, they can't know
that.
  The "open-sourceness" of Gtk+ isn't in question or particularly
relevant; the documentation needs to be open source to get
contributors.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>