Module initialization problem when using COM

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu May 27 13:05:47 EDT 1999

Robin Boerdijk writes:
>1. Record somewhere that module initialization functions should be
>re-executable. Currently, the Python documentation only states: "When the
>Python program imports module spam for the first time, initspam() is
>called."

     I think multiple calls to module init functions are a bug of some
sort, perhaps related to Windows DLL support.  None of the current
modules are written to avoid leaking memory if the init function is
called several times -- they always create new module objects,
constants, etc.

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most
revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.
    -- George C. Marshall