Make test fails on time module with Python 1.5.2/Linux2/EGCS! Help! -- summary

Alexander Staubo nospam-alex at mop.no
Sat May 22 09:58:40 EDT 1999

In article <MPG.11a5d16b2288f6ac98972d at news.online.no>, nospam at mop.no
says...
[snip]
> tradecenter:/usr/src/python# ldd python
>         libdl.so.1 => /lib/libdl.so.1 (0x4000a000)
>         libm.so.5 => /lib/libm.so.5 (0x4000d000)
>         libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5 (0x40016000)
>
> No thread support, though: Doesn't this go along with libc-5?
>
> So I tried doing "./configure --with-thread ; make clean ; make" as per
> the Python README, but compilation fails with threadmodule.c giving me an
> error saying that I ought to enable the --with-thread parameter with
> configure and remake. (This is with Python 1.5.1, which I brought in
> because of Zope, but I _guess_ the same problem is in 1.5.2.)

Fixing timemodule.c (alternatively, getting the latest CVS version)
worked to solve the broken time module.

For thread support (needed for installing Zope), I had to upgrade to
glibc 2.0.6.

Pretty simple, in retrospect.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"Give me an underground laboratory, half a dozen atom smashers and a beautiful