Visual C++ 5 Debug mode causes interpreter crash.

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Fri May 21 16:07:37 EDT 1999

Tom Fenn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a python extension for windows NT.  When I run it I get:
>
> Python 1.5.2 (#0, Apr 13 1999, 10:51:12) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
> Entering initfinniganraw.
> Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
>
> abnormal program termination
> Anyone know what's up?

Either use a Python interpreter which is built for debug,
or undef the _DEBUG symbol in the preprocessor settings.
Otherwise you are loading python15.dll *plus* python15_d.dll
which then correctly complains about wrong initialization.

hope this helps - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net