Tk communications between frames?

David Miller dmillerNO at MAPSmote.rsn.com
Sun May 2 22:55:17 EDT 1999

The application I'm developing in python/Tkinter needs to have
a parent frame start some number of child browser frames.  When the
user double clicks on a file listed in a child listbox I want to
insert the selection in a different listbox on the parent.

Specifically, the parent is a master scheduling window.  The child
browsers drill down N directories deep, and there may be and number
of child browsers.  This is to let someone program video for playback
at a TV station - pick a video from this category (sports tip, child1)
a video from another category (athlete profile, child 2), then an ad
from child 3.

Is this easily doable?  Doable without the security problems of send()?

Thanks in advance,

--- David

*** Remove the NO-MAPS before replying