while (a=b()) ...

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat May 15 14:43:01 EDT 1999

Jim Meier <fatjim at home.com> wrote:
> This use of "*" is nicer, but not legible.. "*" is a shell term or a geek
> term, but not a fluid english term. It's not apparent what it means by
> looking at it unless.

it's already a Python term.  as far as I can tell,
it means everything that doesn't start with an
underscore:

    from foo.baz import *

and I'm pretty sure the subset of infinity that
doesn't start with an underscore is a decent
approximation...

> Can we make "for" into "for each"?

why not? (as long as you don't name the result
Python, I don't mind ;-).  change "and" to "and
then" and "or" to "or else" at the same time!

</F>