Parsing

John Aycock aycock at csc.uvic.ca
Tue May 4 13:14:39 EDT 1999

Paul Prescod (paul at prescod.net) wrote:
: John Aycock wrote:
: > In your particular case, my thought is that the correct form of "urlcontent"
: > is more of a semantic issue
:
: I can see how handling it as a semantic issue would simplify
: implementation but I don't follow how it is inherently a "semantic issue."
: What could be more syntactic then a set of allowed characters?

Fair enough.  In general, one can even make the argument that all "static
semantics" can be expressed syntactically, and that the only true
semantics are "dynamic semantics".  But let's not go there :-)

John