PythonCE successfully inst'ed, but scripts don't work. Please help.

Franz GEIGER f.geiger at vol.at
Thu May 6 12:35:07 EDT 1999

Hello all

Recently I installed Python on my WinCE211 machine which is a NEC MobilePro
770 (MIPS), bought in USA on Feb 99.

As I wanted to execute ceTaskbarDemo.py by double clicking it I got the
folloeing error:

Traceback (innermost last):

File "ceshell.py", line 416, in RunCode
File "\Program Files\Python\Scripts\ceTaskbarDemo.py", line 96, in ?
main()

File "\Program Files\Python\Scripts\ceTaskbarDemo.py", line 93, in main
d.Run()

File "\Program Files\Python\Scripts\ceTaskbarDemo.py", line 41, in Run
DialogBox(self.hinst, IDD_REMOTE, 0, self.DlgProc)
api_error: (1814, 'DialogBox', 'No error message is available') Python
1.5.2b2 (#0, Apr 5 1999, 21:27:12) [MSC 32 bit (MIPS)] on wince Copyright
1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam

Yet I am far too little experienced in Python in general and on CE
especially to be able to see what's going on.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Franz GEIGER

repeats.