PyErr_Print() but not to stderr?

Mike Romberg romberg at smew.fsl.noaa.gov
Wed May 19 19:34:33 EDT 1999

  Does anyone know if it is possible to redirect where the output of
PyErr_Print() is sent?  I have an embeded python process which is
running as a daemon and has shut down stdin, stderr and stdout.  So,
when a python error occurs I can detect it but can find an easy way to
redirect the output of PyErr_Print() or PyErr_PrintEx() to a logfile.

  It occurs to me that I might reopen the stderr file descriptor and
FILE object onto my file to do this.  This seems a bit ugly.  Perhaps
there is another method.  I did take a quick look at the definition of
PyErr_PrintEx() in the 1.5.2 release.  It looks a bit too involved for
me to just place a modified version in my program.  Perhaps there is
some better method I am missing?

Thanks,

Mike Romberg (romberg at fsl.noaa.gov)