IPC8: SouthWest Airlines Internet specials

David Ascher da at ski.org
Fri Nov 5 15:59:35 EST 1999

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Jeremy> Everyone planning to fly to the conference should consider
>     Jeremy> flying through BWI.  I have flown from BWI to San Jose and San
>     Jeremy> Francisco a few times this year, each time for about $200.
>     Jeremy> Flights through BWI are often cheaper than flights from Dulles
>     Jeremy> or National.
>
> If you're on a budget and might like to get away without renting a car,
> don't forget to figure in the cost of ground transport into the total
> equation.  For IPC1 I flew into BWI and found the metro didn't go there.
> Not real convenient.  At least with National you've got a Metro station
> nearby.

FYI: Supershuttle from BWI to Alexandria VA is $35 according to the
supershuttle operator.  Cheaper for more than one person.  We might be
able to get group discounts as well...

There are also limos for about $60/car (4 people).

I've updated the GroupMind site, so that if folks want to coordinate limo
rides, room sharing, etc., it shouldn't be too hard:

http://starship.python.net/crew/scharf/GroupMind/gromi.cgi?req=show&file=ConferenceStuff.gromi

  (see "TravelPlans" page)

--david

Also FYI: http://www.bwiairport.com/original/ground_nv.html