Python complaints

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Nov 24 09:43:24 EST 1999

In article <383979F7.25D6 at cs.bham.ac.uk>,
Stuart Reynolds  <S.I.Reynolds at cs.bham.ac.uk> wrote:
>I'd like there to be do..while loops. Only using while loops can make
>for some-more-ugly-than-necessary code (lots of people complain about
>than from time to time).

I'm quite happy to be stuck with just while loops (rarely using
'do ...' loops in languages which support them anyway) but the
standard 'while 1: ... break' idiom is not aestheticly pleasing.

>Oh yeah! I'd I disklike writing 'self.' eveywhere.

I use 'I' which has the added bonus of making references to
the self object stand out when you haven't hacked your Python
mode to highlight 'self'.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"