Python bugs

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Nov 29 17:02:38 EST 1999

Bjorn Pettersen writes:
 > Which is a good thing, but shouldn't preclude it from being used as a
 > dictionary in the update statement (although the fix probably have to be to
 > Dict.update rahter than os.environ).

  Very much so.  os.environ does exactly the right thing; {}.update is
simply too simple.  ;-)  Shouldn't be had to fix, given a little
motivation.  The implementation should retain the special case of
"real" dictionaries, but also implement a generic version that uses
the mapping API.
  I'm sure Guido would be glad to receive a patch.  ;-)  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>