Python complaints

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Wed Nov 24 06:44:50 EST 1999

Mikael Olofsson (mikael at isy.liu.se) wrote:
[snip]
: I prefer to write readable, understandable code. To me, that means=20
: (among other things) indenting blocks. Hence, I already indent blocks
: in every programming language, if the language allows me to. So, block=20
: delimiters like begin...end or {} are simply redundant to me.
[snip]

I don't want to start the discussion about indentation again; it's no use
since indenting blocks is here to stay. The point is that if you want to
write code that looks ugly or unreadable you will succeed in doing that,
indentation or not. In many cases, using a variable indentation (depending
on what construct you are using or the length of a line) leads to code
that is visuably much more appealing.

Cheers,

Thomas Hamelryck//Free University Brussels (VUB)
Intitute for Molecular Biology// ULTR Department
Paardestraat 65//1640 Sint-Gensius-Rode//Belgium