performance of tuple-less Python?

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Tue Nov 30 18:14:31 EST 1999

In article <slrn848jos.nnk.quinn at amatho.ugcs.caltech.edu>,
Quinn Dunkan <quinn at amatho.ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
			.
>See any purely functional language, like haskell.  You can simulate mutability
>in haskell by passing monads around, but you might be surprised at how much
>you can get done with no side effects.
Indeed; people often *are* "surprised at how much
you can get done with no side-effects."

>And what was that party trick of changing 1 to equal 2 in forth?  Maybe that's
>more at the language level though, but I don't know much about forth (one of
>these days...).
There are several languages in which "1" can name
a variable, which might happen to have the value
2.  I can't think of one, though, in which the
integers are mutable in the sense of this thread.
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html
claird at NeoSoft.com      +1 281 996 8546 FAX