Just a note

aaron_watters at my-deja.com aaron_watters at my-deja.com
Fri Nov 5 10:30:12 EST 1999

In article <381D78C3.9BBECCB0 at bibsyst.no>,
  thomas at bibsyst.no wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could use stuff like MySQL too, if it`s easy to install and use with
> Python, but since I only want to store objects and fetch them by a
single
> key, the simplest way to do this would be using some of the built-in
stuff
> in Python.

Not a bad idea, give it a shot.

> I will store HUGE amounts of data, so I think Gadfly would be "too
small"
> as DBMS, since it stores all it`s data in memory ( as I recall ) .
>
> PS! If this mail made no sense, try reading the message prior to this
one.

As mentioned in another post, if you can divide the data into the
unstructured "big part" and a structured small part, gadfly might
still be useful.  Also, please have a look at bplustree.py which
provides many of the advantages of berkeley db but in a pure python
implementation.

  http://starship.skyport.net/crew/aaron_watters/bplustree/

  -- Aaron Watters http://www.chordate.com

===

"Dear Winston, enclosed find two tickets to the first
performance of my latest play.  Come and bring a friend,
if you have one.  -- G.B. Shaw"

"Dear George, I regret that I cannot attend the first
performance.  I will attend the second,
if there is one.  -- W. Churchill"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.