A Modest Proposal -- <wink>

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sun Nov 14 06:06:11 EST 1999

Magnus L. Hetland <mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no> wrote:
> m.faassen at vet.uu.nl (Martijn Faassen) writes:

[snip]
>> It defines a XPPMS (eXtensible PreProcessor Macro System), which allows
>> single <wink> tags. The XPPMS system transforms the source into valid XML.
>> After that the other subsystems of XWTSNTSDL take over.

> But - if you have XPPMS, why do you need XWTSNTSDL? You could just
> transform

>    This is some text <wink>

> into

>    <wink>This is some text</wink>

> and Bob's your uncle... Then you can use standard XML tools... :)

> Or - does XWTSNTSDL include tools for deciding where the wink-section
> starts, semantically?

Yes, you got it. :) It also takes care of wink levels <.50 wink>.
The XWink subset of XWTSNTSDL takes care of any implied hypertext references.

Anyway, of course I'm spoofing the plethora of XML (draft) standards that I
can't yet make much of (I'm up to XML and the basic XML dom now :).

Regards,

Martijn