python apache module?

Erno Kuusela erno at iki.fi
Sat Nov 6 16:05:33 EST 1999

On Sat, 06 Nov 1999 02:10:23 -0500, Rob Nikander
<nikander at mindspring.com> wrote:
>I am just beginning to learn python and so far I think it is awesome.  I
>was wondering if there is an Apache module analogous to mod_perl for
>python?  I don't see anything on the Apache page.  If not, is someone
>working on one?

there are 2.

PyApache is CGI-compatible out of the box, but is not noticeably
faster than using straight CGI because it creates and shuts down
a python interpreter for each individual http request.

httpdapy is not cgi-compatible, but it is pretty easy to use
and it is much faster then cgi/pyapache since it keeps
the python interpreter around. it is in this sense more
equivalent to mod_perl functionality.

 -- erno