NT admin scripts with python

geoff nordli geoff at gnaa.net
Sun Nov 14 23:30:53 EST 1999

I pulled some information from the ActiveState Perl site.  In the FAQ's they
tell you what kind of functions that you can perform.  There are many more,
but I only included the ones that I am interested in.

What modules come with the Perl for Win32 distribution?

Win32::Console: Perl module for Windows console interaction
Win32::EventLog: Read from and write to the Windows NT event log
Win32::File: Manage file attributes (read only, system, hidden...)
Win32::FileSecurity: manage ACLs in Perl
Win32::Internet: Perl module for Internet extensions
Win32::NetAdmin: Administer users and groups
Win32::NetResource: Manage resources (servers, file shares, printers)
Win32::Process: Start and stop Win32 processes
Win32::Registry: Read and manage the Win32 Registry
Win32::Service: Manage Windows NT services

It looks like Python can handle the NetAdmin module.  Are there other
modules that are available for Python.

thanks,

geoff

Yep - the win32net module is all you need!  Included in the win32all
extensions...

Mark.

<000101bf2e22$7060a190$020a10ac at p350.gnaa.net>...