Newbie question: Input

Darrell news at dorb.com
Mon Nov 8 08:55:07 EST 1999

>From Python Library Reference:

raw_input ([prompt])
If the prompt argument is present, it is written to standard output without
a trailing newline. The function then reads a line from input, converts it
to a string (stripping a trailing newline), and returns that. When EOF is
read, EOFError is raised. Example:

>>> s = raw_input('--> ')
--> Monty Python's Flying Circus
>>> s
"Monty Python's Flying Circus"

If the readline module was loaded, then raw_input() will use it to provide
elaborate line editing and history features.

--
--Darrell
news:3826b693.3888197 at 212.225.36.99...