Pthreads

Jonathan Giddy jon at rdt.monash.edu.au
Mon Nov 29 22:46:34 EST 1999

bkenniso at worldnet.att.net (Brian Kennison) writes:

>I'm having trouble compiling Python 1.5.2. with the FSU pthread
>library. I working on MachTen and get the following error:

>gcc -g -O2 -I./../Include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -c thread.c -o thread.o
>In file included from thread.c:150:
>thread_pthread.h:113: parse error before `pthread_cond_t'
>thread_pthread.h:113: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
>thread_pthread.h:114: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
>thread_pthread.h:115: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
>thread_pthread.h: In function `PyThread_start_new_thread':

I'm not sure this is the same problem, but I've seen similar messages under
different circumstances (freezing with extension modules on Solaris).

The problem in that case was that the file Include/thread.h in the Python
source clashed with the system thread.h file.  Try deleting Include/thread.h
and recompiling.  (In 1.5.2, thread.h is unused by Python, although it may
be used by some extensions).

Jon.