Alphanumerics

Alexis alexisjuh at usa.net
Wed Nov 10 08:35:03 EST 1999

I'm making some software development for a python program created in the US,
well, it's pretty much just translating and adding some language specific
modules for Norway, Sweden and Denmark...Problem is the special chars we have
here, like åæø for norwegian..
When I use a string everything works fine, but when I import fields from
databases and they contain these chars I'll get escape seq instead...
The chr(num) function doesn't work for these chars for some reason, and now
I'm wondering if there's another way to get it right...
Thanx a lot
Best regards
Ulf (Alexis)