list.without()?

Mike Fletcher mcfletch at vrtelecom.com
Tue Nov 16 15:53:56 EST 1999

Shouldn't make a big difference, as they exception only occurs once (when
you're out of elements to remove).  Doesn't challenge the front-runners
anyway.

Enjoy,
Mike

# Following just ran the original without and Chris' as without6

p:\>without
Testing function: <function without at 7d7f00>
  single element at middle:
    10: 0.0
    100: 0.0
    1000: 0.0
    10000: 0.00999999046326
    100000: 0.0699999332428
    1000000: 1.11199998856

  all elements being removed:
    10: 0.120000004768
    100: 0.0
    1000: 0.0100001096725
    10000: 0.770999908447
    100000: 78.7929999828
###Note: Tests skipped due to time overrun

Testing function: <function without6 at 7e0340>
  single element at middle:
    10: 0.0
    100: 0.0
    1000: 0.0
    10000: 0.0
    100000: 0.0710000991821
    1000000: 1.10099995136

  all elements being removed:
    10: 0.129999995232
    100: 0.0
    1000: 0.00999999046326
    10000: 0.761000037193
    100000: 79.8550000191
###Note: Tests skipped due to time overrun