Help! Can't install MySQLdb

Alan Pogrebinschi alan-ng at empresa.com
Mon Nov 1 07:48:11 EST 1999

Hi!

I am new to python modules, I am triying to install MySQLdb 0.1 on RH 5.2 ,
Python 1.5.2, and get (when running "build.py" as root) :

cp: /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile.pre.in: No such file or directory
make: Makefile.pre.in: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.pre.in'.  Stop.
make: *** No targets.  Stop.
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "build.py", line 14, in ?
    import MySQLdb
  File "MySQLdb.py", line 19, in ?
    from _mysql import *
ImportError: No module named _mysql

It is strange that the dir "/usr/lib/python1.5/config" doesn't even exist
(the parent exists). I used the RPM to upgrade Python to 1.5.2 (I had
1.5.1).

I tried to install the older mysql driver too (the one that comes with
ZMySQLDA) and got a very similar error msg when trying to "make" it.

Any hint??

Thanks.

Alan