Asyncchat Module Documentation and some asyncchat based modules

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Nov 24 10:39:01 EST 1999

Oliver Andrich writes:
 > Hi,

Hi, Oliver!

 > after I spend most of the last weeks implementing some asyncchat
 > based clients for common used protocols (at least I use the quite
 > common ;-) and a asyncchat based POP3 server. I like to ask if
 > somebody already started to document this module for the library
 > reference, otherwise I am willing and happy to do it.  I am so
 > impressed by asyncore and asyncchat, that I like to do it. ;-)

  asyncore is documented in the latest release of the documentation; I
don't think it's included in the most recent Windows installer.  It's
easy to update the installed documentation under Windows; just unpack
the ZIP file in the right place and viola!

 > And I am looking forward to do a first release of my package of
 > asnyc* based clients in a week or two. And my POP3 server (100%
 > pure Python) in about three weeks. I have to to do some code
 > cleanups, security checks and performance tuning, but at the moment
 > the POP3 server runs fine in my testbed (simulating the 16.000
 > users I have on my production machine) and it outperforms cucipop
 > without any problems.

  Cool stuff!

 > So, who do I have to contact to supply documentation for asynchat?

  Me!  You can send it to me at python-docs at python.org, along with the
appropriate release form.  See http://www.python.org/1.5/patch.html
for information about the release forms; we need that so we can
incorporate and distribute your additions.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>