filter function question - list processing in Python

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Wed Nov 24 19:45:21 EST 1999

lobozc at my-deja.com writes:

> 2. I suspect that the second part of my posting may be a valid
> postulate then. Since list processing is so useful Python should
> consider adding a good set of primitives to the core library -
> not as an external package.

A good set of primitives with intuitive interfaces and obvious
names that raises lots of excitement would probably be
warmly welcomed.

But, I suspect, those who regularly use filter and reduce are
vastly outnumbered by those who aren't sure what they do. So
rabid enthusiasm may be hard to come by.

all-functional-programmers-are-rabid-ly y'rs

- Gordon