Proposal: Python Info Collective (another ramble)

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu Nov 18 17:14:00 EST 1999

T. Maddletyn at news.vex.net (T. Maddletyn) writes:
> It is true that Parnassus is horribly inefficient in some  areas (some
> i'm aware of, perhaps some i'm not aware of). However the good news is

It probably doesn't greatly matter, at this point; people will
complain if it gets too slow.  For now, the primary problem is getting
it to a host without a weekly bandwidth limitation.  Someone mentioned
putting it onto starship.python.net; is anything happening with that?

> Meanwhile the discussion continues. Formats. XSA, RDF, OSD, LSM, RFC-
> 822, on and on... i never really heard of any of these before! Well,
> i'd heard of RDF, but didn't know really anything about it (I know

Don't worry about formats; later on we can worry about writing scripts
that walk all over the database generating RDF or whatever.  First,
let's get it hosted somewhere suitable, then get more data into it,
and then worry about refinements such as improved performance or
alternative formats.

We all live to a formula. Maybe the secret lies in keeping that formula secret.
    -- Peter Greenaway, _Dear Boullée_