Proposal: Python Info Collective

T. Muddleton T.Muddleton at news.vex.net
Mon Nov 15 13:13:05 EST 1999

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:18:23 -0500 (EST), webmaster at python.org wrote:
>some editorial review for record changes, because the change isn't
>effective immediately.  That could be another bottleneck in the

Yup, i'm a bottleneck. Truer words were never spoken. Though the bottle
neck is not doing too badly today. Mailman update is processed.

I had considered (and still do consider) implementing a system
whereby owners can edit their own stuff (i see in the Trove shema
that they have planned for this already too)... but as i didn't know
how far my Parnassus scheming would get i didn't implement it yet.
Also since i have (until today) found and entered all the data
myself I haven't put much thought into the other possible mechanisms
yet. There are other complication's i'll spare you. But I just want
to let you know that I have thought of this, and perhaps in the
future the bottleneck can be removed, or at least widened a bit.

>somewhere on the python.org site, but I'd still like Parnassus' author
>to get in touch with me...

I must say i'm a little worried about bandwidth issues after the
discussions here. But on the other hand... we'll never know what the
system can or can't take until we try right? Heh.

Or perhaps it would be prudent for me to look into possibilities
further.... i'm in a bit of a quandry. I've gotten more response than
I expected (which has been nice... but a little frightening too!).