making the Python case to my dept

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Sat Nov 6 14:52:47 EST 1999

Hi All--

Patrick Phalen wrote:

> [Ivan Van Laningham, on Sat, 06 Nov 1999]:

[snip]

> :: If there's a curve coming to Utah, I sure hope it will be one with jobs
> :: for Pythonistas, because there certainly aren't *any* here now.
>
> Look at it this way: the HP jobs all appear to center around developing
> the E-speak technology. Python has been chosen as the official
> scripting language for E-speak. Novell has publicly endorsed E-speak. If
> Novell decides to builds Netware hooks into E-speak,  they'll probably
> hire rafts of Pythonistas in Utah.  :)

Urk.  Trouble is, they're 50 miles from where I live!  Through miles and
miles of intense interstate reconstruction. ...

But. ... Hmm.  Hey out there, how is that NetWare port of Python coming?

<and-you-thought-it-was-hard-to-get-it-running-on-the-amiga>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;-)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70