Proposal: Python Info Collective

Jules Allen usenet-mm-yyyy at julesallen.com
Mon Nov 15 09:27:32 EST 1999

| Actually, 'strong leadership' is not enough. If someone cracks his whip
| impressively in open source but doesn't write any code himself, you won't
| get any software in the end. So you need someone who actually takes on
| the responsibility for writing the code. :)

Mmm! Is that the sound of you volunteering Martijn?

| [Vaults of Parnassus]
|
| Browses through them eagerly and curiously.  :)

The modest, retiring author has given me a little more insight in to the
architecture -- it's a low end machine using PyApache and he's built some
kind of caching mechanism that's updated once a day. Mainly so the database
doesn't get the whatsits pummeled out of it.

It sounds like what's there is a brilliant proof of concept and with a
little help and encouragement, it could become a robust solution to this
problem.

--
Want to reply via email? Put the current month and year in
my email address.