making the Python case to my dept.

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 6 12:50:23 EST 1999

A couple of little points...

"Thomas A. Bryan" <tbryan at python.net> writes:

[biggo snippo]
> code in another file.  Then, if they can't remember the methods for
> a list, they can do something like this

> ['append', 'count', 'extend', 'index', 'insert', 'pop', 'remove',
> 'reverse', 'sort']

``import rlcompleter''!!

It makes life *so* much easier, and is the reason I still use the
basic interpreter rather than idle.

Hmm, implementing completion in idle? It has ``expand word'' but
that's not what I want. Would this be easy? Pointers appreciated.

[snippo two]
> Do math majors or engineers learn their critical job skill's in their
> first classes?

What are mathematicians' critical job skills? I'm curious, being one,
and not having being taught anything resembling a `critical job skill'
yet, and happy about it.

Regards,
Michael