Newbie question : Info on Python under DOS/Windows

Endgamer endgamer71 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 06:07:28 EST 1999

Okay, I'm really new to Python, and have limited experience of real
programming (yes, the age-old story....crippled by BASIC at about the
age of 10 <g>). I'm learning from texts, this froup and O'Reilley's
"Programming Python" and as a starting project I'm writing a Y2K
mini-fix for Wintel machines - a program which prompts the user for
the current date and feeds it into "date", for machines which won't
hold the date on reboot after the millenium.
My question is: I've found it hard to locate resources or  information
on Python under DOS/Windows - are there any special groups, sites or
FAQs/Manuals with general information? Much as I hate MS environments,
in my line of work I have to work with them almost constantly (back on
my lovely Linux machine whenever I get a chance <g>) and I suspect
I'll need this information again...

Endgamer
Spider Warrior

(Endgamer71 at spamtrap.hotmail.com)
Not a quote, just an on-the-spot observation:
You know you're a geek when your PC costs exactly
15 times as much as your stereo. And gives better
sound quality.<sigh>
                              Endgamer