whitespace.py module

Rajesh Vaidheeswarran rv at eng.fore.com
Wed Nov 24 11:44:20 EST 1999

Hello

I'm new to the python language, and the newsgroup. So, if this newsgroup is
not appropriate for this type of posting, please pardon my ignorance and
notify me.

I have written up a module called `whitespace.py' available at
<URL:http://www.dsmit.com/python/>

and a sample program `whitespace' which uses this module, also available at
the same URL.

The module can be used to check a given file for whitespace problems as
defined in the module's documentation (also available as a separate text
document at <URL:http://www.dsmit.com/lisp/whitespace.txt>.

Please feel free use these, and also to send in your comments on either of
these.

I would like to know how to submit a module for inclusion into the standard
python distribution, and would appreciate any pointers in that direction.

Thanks
rv