How to perform syntax check in Python

tim muddletin timmuddletin at news.vex.net
Thu Nov 25 00:39:39 EST 1999

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:54:57 -0800, Charles Y. Choi wrote:
>Look for trace.py by Andrew Dalke.

I tracked this down to
ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/dalke

So i could enter it into my Vaults of Parnassus database
( http://localhost/~x/parnassus/apyllo.py?i=63889258 )

My problem is that i don't really understand what this script does.
There is no general description provided. I suppose it's one of those
things that is self-evident to those who know what it is. <-:

What is this "coverage" stuff? Can someone provide me with a description
for the database? I'm lost on this one; my ignorance is showing.

(ps. also it is announced in usenet --- also without a general
description -- here: http://x33.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=49968748 )