python: something completely different

Grant Griffin grant.griffin at iowegian.com
Sun Nov 7 10:47:36 EST 1999

Patty Thomas wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Nov 1999 13:34:10 -0800, Robert Cain <arcane at znet.com> wrote:
> >Back to the subject at hand (Python in the DSP universe) has anyone
> >investigated the possibility of conversion, compilation or whatever of
> >MatLab to Python?  I'm naive WRT to both at this point because 1) MatLab
>
> I know nothing about MatLab, but a quick search here
> http://www.vex.net/~x/parnassus/apyllo.py?so=d&find=matlab reveals that it
> would seem Travis Oliphant has some MatLab like tools (or functions at least)
> which could be useful until someone 'converts, compiles, or whatever', <grin>
> matlab to python here... http://oliphant.netpedia.net/

As you suggest, Travis is creating a Matlab-like "Signal Processing
Toolbox" for Python.

I don't know if a Matlab-to-Python translator is currently available,
but if not, I don't think it would be all that hard to write one (in
Python, of course).

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com