Python module to format text into columns?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Nov 16 11:55:55 EST 1999

In article <80rcj3$n23$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>but I'm inclined to provide (at least initially) just the direct
>methods:
>
>   formatter.setcolumn(column=1, margin=4, width=16, align=left)
>   formatter.setcolumn(column=2, margin=2, width=4, align=left)
>   formatter.setcolumn(column=3, margin=2, width=6, align=right)

Instead of explicitly naming the columns, I'd suggest passing in a list
of dicts (dicts so that you can set global defaults).  That means that
for three columns all taking in the global defaults, you'd pass in

   formatter.setcolumns ( [ {}, {}, {} ] )
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)